Application tips: Everything you need to know about your application
Here are some tips and information to help you make the best possible impression with your application. Additional information can also be found in the Q&A area. Cannot find your question? Then contact our friendly recruiting team!
At HSE you can apply in a few minutes via our practical online application portal. Not only can you apply with just a few clicks and your XING or LinkedIn profile, but this also ensures that your application ends up in the right place and that it is processed as quickly as possible.
Your cover letter
Thank you for applying with us. Even if you can apply directly with your XING or LinkedIn profile: A cover letter gives you the opportunity to tell us more about yourself and show us why you are the right fit for HSE! The following points can serve as a guide:
- Which job are you applying for?
- How did you find out about us?
- Who are you, what do you do, and what makes you unique?
- Why are you a perfect fit for HSE and the relevant job, and what is your motivation for applying?
- In the case of an unsolicited application: Why is hiring you a must?
- What are your salary expectations?
- When can you start?
- What else should we know about you?
Your CV should contain all important information about you. We would prefer if you arrange the information in tabular and chronological order and include the relevant dates. The following points can help you with the layout:
- Personal data: name, address, e-mail, telephone etc. Also include your social media profiles, such as XING or LinkedIn
- Professional activity: prior jobs, fields, tasks, and companies
- Study: study course and major, possibly final grade
- Training: apprenticeship, field, and companies
- Internships: fields, tasks, and companies
- School education: school types and graduation with grades
- Further education: courses and training
- Additional information: stays abroad, social commitment, own website etc.
- Special knowledge: foreign languages, IT, additional qualifications
- Interests and hobbies
Your application is rounded off by further documents, such as work, internship, university, or school certificates. Please make sure that the scanned files are of good quality and legible and that they do not exceed a file size of 15 MB.